Sunday, February 10, 2019

Simple Color Block


My inspiration for these cards was this picture from Catherine Pooler's email newsletter.  I really liked the color block idea and thought this would be a great design for guy cards.  I searched thru what I already had & found a great die for making guys cards.  
I die cut the Happy Birthday sentiment with white card stock using my Impression Obsession Greetings Bottom Word Edgers.  I used shades of grey and/or black for the color blocks.  The strips are 1 ¼" x 4" except for the white which is 1 ¾" x 4" to allow for the Happy Birthday greeting to overlap on the next color.  I used Simon Says Fog, Smoke & Slate card stock, also Taylored Expressions Earl Grey & Poppy Seed and Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow & True Black.  
Super simple really - no frills, just a good ole' greeting with a manly vibe!  I made 7 cards so I'll be ready to mail "man cards" for the next couple of months!  

1 comment:

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!