Monday, February 12, 2018

To DIE for...

New Die Organization!  

I had my stand alone dies in the Crafter's Companion boxes with the magnetic pages.  While I liked the system and the compact storage, I was totally losing track of what was inside the binder boxes.  I adopted the system that Jennifer McGuire uses.  I really like it and feel like I can actually find my dies much easier.  The dies that coordinate with stamp sets I'm still keeping with the stamps, because that just makes sense. 
This project took me several days to complete.  There were many hours spent sitting on the floor sorting thru dies & getting them into pockets.  I did take the time to put white inserts in each pocket to make them look nice & uniform.   I bought cheap white card stock for the inserts.  I used 5x5 plastic CD pockets & both the Memorex & Maxell brands work nicely.  I also like this system because you can store extra die cuts in the pocket for future use.  

For the larger die sets that wouldn't fit in the 5x5 pockets, I used Essentials by Ellen Plastic Storage Envelopes (5 ½ x 7 ⅜).   If there were several dies or nesting dies I used magnetic sheets and then placed them in the pockets.  Some of the dies came with magnetic sheets & if not I used magnetic sheets that I had in my stash.  I also labeled each pocket.  I used my Brother label maker to label each pocket with the name of the die & the company.  
The container I used is the InterDesign with the pull handle on the front.  I already had this container and it worked great for my new die organization.  

The P-Touch tape I used is Black with White lettering.  I like how it stands out on the white tabs.  I picked up the tabs at office supply.  I really like them because they are repositionable and worked perfectly for this project.  
  
It feels really good to get a little more organized in the stamp room.  
I am still sorting thru things.  I'll update you on my next project!

1 comment:

  1. Wowza! Now that is nicely organized and ready for using...wish mine looked that good... Great job Melissa and so good to see you on here :)
    I miss your wonderful posts...so much inspiration you have to share...we want to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!