Sunday, June 4, 2017

Oxide Inks

I have been playing with these new Oxide Inks.  I really like how easy they are to blend.  On this project, I started by stamping a grouping of Altenew Striped Floral images on Amuse Studio Sugar card stock using VersaMark ink and white embossing powder.  I placed the Mama Elephant All Prettied Up scallop & stitched rectangle die over top of my stamp images.  Before cutting the die I blended the ink over top of the white embossed images.  After I liked the coverage & color intensity, I flicked a bit of water on the image and then let it dry for a bit.  Then I ran it thru my die cutting machine.  I love the small white border around the panel.
I added Nuvo drops to the first card and noticed after drying the color of the Oxide ink soaked into the color of the drops.  I used Buttermilk Nuvo drops on the card but they turned more orange.  I actually like how it looks so it was a good result in the end.




Products Used:  

Stamps:  Altenew Striped Florals, Power Poppy Party Time, MFT Together Forever
Card stock:  Ellen Hutson Linen Card base A2, Amuse Studio Sugar for layer, Misc Scraps for word banners
Ink:  Versamark, Oxide Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber
Other:  White Embossing Powder, Mama Elephant All Prettied Up Die Set, Buttermilk Nuvo Drops, Fun Foam


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!