Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Fun Birthday Card


I saw this idea when I was at Taylored Expressions Studio a while back.  I love the look with the candles in the background.  I have been wanting to try this design and decided that I didn't have to have the candle dies to make it work for me.  I have a Silhouette Cameo and I knew I had candle files that would work.  I sized the candles in the Silhouette so that they the size would fit in the background of the birthday sentiment.  I cut the candles with the Cameo using the removable label tape below.  I start with a piece of White card stock.  I arranged the post it candles on the white paper where I wanted them.  The candles worked as a mask while I inked the background with Oxide Inks. I removed the mask/tape and then stamped the birthday graphic greeting with Onyx Versafine ink.  


Products Used:  

Card stock:  Pretty blue in my stash for the card base, Amuse Studio Sugar, Black scraps
Ink:  Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber), Onyx Versafine
Other:  Mama Elephant All Prettied Up Die (cut part of it for a border), Amuse Studio Onyx Twine, Amuse Studio Clear & Mermaid Sequins, Removable Labels or other type of masking paper, Silhouette, Birthday Candles Design #94442

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!