Thursday, June 15, 2017

Blissful

I had a chance to play with the Simon Says Blissful Card kit.  There is a nice idea sheet included with the kit so I started with these two.  The first card I used the Distress Oxide Ink and did paper smooching with Worn Lipstick.  I flicked some water droplets over the background and then stamped the pretty floral image with Onyx Versafine ink.  I added pink Nuvo drops and the sentiment banner.  

The second card I stamped the image and then used the four Daniel Smith watercolor paints that were included with the kit to color.  I was a little doubtful that I would like them, but I was shocked at how nice they were to work with and I really like how they turned out.  I was even successful at blending some colors together!  I stamped the Congratulations sentiment from the kit and the Happy For You Both is from My Favorite Things Together Forever.   

The card kit is sold out but you can still purchase the stamp set separately.  I don't normally buy card kits but this one really caught my eye and I bought two kits and gave one to a friend for her birthday.  I hope she is enjoying the kit as much as I am!  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!