Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It all started with a conversation...

Ok, so this whole project started with my husband running into friends of ours a few months ago.  They had not seen each other in a while.  When my husband was asked what I was up to these days he said "she makes cards & sells stuff to make cards".  My husband said the guy sort of crinkled up his nose and said "she does what?"  So I started thinking that I wanted to send our friends a sampler of my card making using all amuse|studio products.  And the biggie for me was the presentation!  So here is what I came up with...
I made the box out of kraft cardstock to fit 4 bar sized note cards.  It was a tutorial from a class that I took online.  I had some lido-colored tissue paper in my stash so I stamped the venetian background in titian ink.  This was a beautiful inlay over top of the note cards.  It really looked classy & professional!  I also used the 1.5" maple tag and stamped Handmade on it from the hand stamped stamp set & attached it with toffee twine.
Now for the cards...Eight note cards fit in the box nicely & I decided on a color palette of titian & lido.  It made it easier for me when designing the cards to stick with a couple of colors. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are great! I remember when you were telling me this story. He is going to love it and be so impressed! He won't be saying "she does what?" anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, this is wonderful, I am definitely pinching the idea for craft fairs, and they'd make a great raffle prize too. Is there anyway you could share the box instructions? Again, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and nice variety of cards! Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous! i just love them all.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!