Monday, June 6, 2011

Crafty Questions

I saw these questions on Kari Bell's blog the other day & thought it would be fun to post my answers. 

1. How long have you been paper-crafting?  I have been making cards for 15 years.  There were friends at work that got me involved around 1996.  At first I resisted starting a new hobby but I can say that over the last 15 years I have enjoyed this hobby so much!  In fact so much that I have a whole room dedicated to this craft!

2. Do you listen to music while you craft? If so, which genre?  I almost always have the TV on for background noise.  Sometimes I do listen to Pandora radio on my iPad.

3. Do you snack while you craft or is your craft room a no-food zone? If yes, what's your favorite crafty snack?  I do snack while I craft - usually pretzels or M&M's or a combination of both!

4. What's your adhesive of choice - glue dots, liquid, tape runner, hot glue gun, or something else?  The tape runner is a gal's best friend.  I also like the glue dots for paper piecing as it gives things a tad of dimension.

5. Keep scraps or toss scraps?  I keep the larger scraps & toss the small ones.

6. Buttons - to thread or not to thread?  I rarely use buttons but I like them threaded.

7. Do you clean up your craft table/surface after every project or leave the tidying up for a rainy day?  My space is rarely "clean" but when I want to start a new project I like to tidy things up so I have space to work.

8. Instead of a deserted island, let's make it a deserted craft store. So, you're stuck in a deserted craft store and you can only use one three (I could not choose one) paper companies' paper for the rest of your life - which companies do you choose?  Cosmo Cricket, Basic Grey, Papertrey Ink

9. Do you keep a sketch book or notebook with ideas for future projects or do you craft-as-you-go?  I print out ideas that I see on the internet all the time & keep them in a folder.  I also recently discovered Pinterest on the internet which is an incredible way to store ideas when you find them. 

10. Decorative scissors or edge punches? Which is your favorite?  I love a good scallop edge using a punch.

1 comment:

  1. so fun to learn, now i'm hungry for pretzels and M&MS!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!