Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Sending LOVE

I have been wanting to try this Eclipse technique that has been popular in the card making world.  I bought three different word dies that I thought I would use most often... LOVE, THANKS & HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  First up - LOVE!  The MFT Huge Love die was used on my card.  The word sending came from Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp set.

I have these cool watercolor cards from Concord & 9th called Everyday Tintables.  They are white embossed watercolor cards that you can add color to however you like. I used a wide bristle paintbrush dipped in water and Worn Lipstick Oxide ink to create the pink background over top of the polka dots.  



16 watercolor card fronts with 4 pre-printed white designs* on them (4 each of 4 designs) which allow you to create cards with ink resist techniques, minus the heat embossing fuss!  Card fronts are sized at 4 3/4" x 6" so that you can tape down the edges while you watercolor to prevent the paper from curling. Once dry, trim down to desired sizes for fun backgrounds, or the focal point, on your cards!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Melissa. Do the polka dots resist the ink to stay white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did use a paper towel to wipe off any ink that was on the embossed dots.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!