Thursday, August 22, 2013

Silhouette Cameo & Amuse Studio Digital Designs

There is a new machine in my house that has been taking up a lot of my time lately!  Yes, I purchased a Silhouette Cameo and have been having a blast learning all that it can do!  

Amuse Studio announced that they are going to test market some Digital Designs.  There are currently 20 cut files that you can now purchase that match 20 stamp sets in the 2013 Amuse Studio Holiday Catalog.  The files are delivered to your email as a Zip file of PNG graphics.  They work nicely with my new Silhouette Cameo!  I thought I would show you an example of what the machine can do and how I find it useful in so many ways!  

The Digital Designs Let's Get Merry are available for $1.99 & you get 7 digital designs - Christmas Tree, Birdie, Ornament, Sleigh, Candy Cane, Gift and Santa. The stamp Set Let's Get Merry {SVSD038} $16.99 is available separately.  

  

Amuse Studio is pleased to offer 20 digital designs to match 20 stamp sets in our 
So I decided to try the Santa digital cut first.   Now to be totally honest, it took me a while to figure out the Silhouette software & to get the digital files into the proper format so that they were ready to cut.  There is also some things to learn about the various blade settings.  After reading the Getting Started Manual, watching a few You Tube videos and asking a friend or two what they would recommend I was pleased with the results.  For the Amuse Studio Cardstock (80 lb) I set the blade on 3.  Now as you can see I was able to cut 25 Santas out of one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" sugar cardstock.  What a time saver if you plan to make multiples of a particular design.
Here is the Silhouette software where you get the page set up before sending it to Cut.

As you can see my cutting mat has really been getting a work out - see those lips?  ha!  There are 25 cuts of the Santa on one sheet of sugar cardstock.
I would recommend getting the spatula tool to remove the die cuts from the sticky mat.  It works like a charm!  

I have all the Santa's cut & now it is time to stamp.  The Let's Get Merry Stamp set works perfectly with the cut files.     
You will need to use a Stamp Positioner to get the stamped image on the Santa die so that you can line it up perfectly. I used a little bit of double sided removable sticky tape to hold the Santa die cut in place while stamping on it.  If you plan to color the Santa with Copic markers you will need to use Memento Ink. 

I used Onyx Versafine ink on several of the Santas along with Clear Embossing Powder and the heat tool.  It was a little more work to do the embossing but I love the results!  
I stamped this image with Onyx Versafine Ink followed by Clear Embossing Powder and the heat tool. I colored with Copic Markers.  I also used the Quickie Glue Pen & added Diamond Glitter to his hat. 
And here is the final project!  I also cut out the ornament with my Cameo and followed the same steps.  
Just add a little candy and your treat bags are ready to go!  

Amuse Studio Products:    SHOP HERE FOR AMUSE STUDIO

Stamps:  Let's Get Merry
Cardstock:  Sugar
Ink:  Onyx Versafine, Clear Embossing Powder
Other:  Cherry Diagonal Stripe Treat Bags, Let's Get Merry Digital Designs, Cherry Baker's Twine, Quickie Glue Pen, Diamond Glitter, Copic Markers R46 100 T2 E000

3 comments:

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!