Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amuse Studio Dies with Positioning Plates

I thought I would share the instructions that Amuse Studio has given us when using the Positioning Plates with our matching dies.  I took a few photos to go with the instructions as the visual usually helps me a lot. 

1.  Stamp your image and allow a couple of minutes for the ink to dry.

2.  Select the corresponding positioning plate (it's clear) and place the plate directly over the stamped image.  The positioning plate says "This side up" so make sure you can read this.
3.  There are two holes in the positioning plate.  Use a pencil to put a dot in the center of the hole.  Remove the positioning plate. 


4.  Now select the corresponding die.  Align the dots you just made so that you can see them in the center of the corresponding holes in the die.  Once aligned, secure the die in place with a piece of low-tack tape (I use washi tape!)  You are now ready to die cut this stamped image, following the instructions for your die cutting machine. 

And the result is a perfect die cut! 


Stamps:  Anchors Aweigh
Cardstock:  Navy, Cherry, Sugar
Ink:  Navy, Versamark, White Embossing
Other:  Vanilla Twine, Anchors Aweigh Matching Dies




2 comments:

  1. Great explanation Melissa. I know a lot of stampers don't know how to use these dies and positioning plates and now they will be pros thanks to your help.
    You rock sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, I was wondering how to use those plates.

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!