Friday, May 11, 2012

A Recipe...

My sister in law, Laura gave me some darling little dessert glasses and a cookbook to go with them for my birthday. I decided yesterday was the day I wanted to make this recipe for these darling mini desserts!

This is a small simple little dessert that can be made quickly and served immediately but it is also just as delicious if you make it a few hours ahead of time.

Berry Cream Parfait

1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 3 TB butter, 1 tsp sugar

1 can cherry, peach or blueberry pie filling
1 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pkg vanilla instant pie filling (I used the large box & had some leftover)
1 cup cold milk
8 oz whipped topping, divided in two

Mix cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Divide the cracker mixture equally between the 12 dessert glasses; press down firmly in bottom of each dish.

Spread a TB of pie filling on top of graham cracker crumbs.

Mix softened cream cheese and milk in large mixing bowl. Stir in pudding and mix thoroughly. Gently stir in half of the whipping topping.

Fill each dessert glass with the cream cheese mixture and top off with the remaining pie filling. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Add a dollop of whipped topping to each before serving. Serve and Enjoy!



I don't know what's for dinner tonight, but I do know what's for dessert!!
I think next time I would have another can of cherries - the dessert glasses that I have might be a little larger than the ones they used.  I feel like I ran out of cherries on top!! 

4 comments:

  1. mmmm....I'm coming over! Looks so yummy and so glad you liked your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious.....do you make your pudding before you add it to the cream cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious.....do you make your pudding before you add it to the cream cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you mix up the pudding before you add it to the cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!