Monday, November 21, 2011

Gift Card Holders

I made these gift card holders for a swap that I am participating in for December.  I also made these for a Crop that I attended & one of my workshops.  They are a hit with everyone!  They were quick & easy to make & the best part is that you get 3 gift card holders out of one piece of 8.5x11 cardstock!  I've had a few people ask for the directions so I thought I would provide them here on my blog. 

All supplies by amuse|studio: 

Cardstock: Cherry, Candy Cane Stripe
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Holiday Tags
Other: Lipstick Red Copic Marker, Quickie Glue Pen & Diamond Glitter,
Circle & Scallop Shapes, Cherry Baker’s Twine, Dimensional Foam Dots, Velcro

Cut cherry cardstock to 3½” x 8½” (you can make 3 gift card holders from 1 piece of 8½” x 11” cardstock.)  Score cardstock @ 2½” on one end & 2” on other end. Use corner punch to round corners on the 2” end. 
Cut 3 pieces of candy cane stripe paper  3¼” x 1¾”    3¼” x 2¼”     3¼” x 3¾”

Use corner punch to round corners on one side of the 1 ¾” piece of candy cane stripe. Run adhesive along side edges only of 2¼” side of card stock & fold up to form gift card pocket.  Attach candy cane stripe paper to outside of gift card holder. Attach a small piece of Velcro to 2” side and fold down. Stamp image & punch out with circle punch. Layer circle over scallop & attach to front of the card holder. Use cherry baker’s twine for hanging, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Melissa.....we all loved making these at stamp club. Sold a few at the craft show too. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super! Thanks for sharing the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!