Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pie In A Jar...

I saw this recipe on a blog & for some reason I wanted to give it a try.  Who wouldn't want pie in a jar - in the freezer & ready to go into the oven and within an hour - PIE!  Notice IPad on the counter - makes it easy to see the recipe & read the directions!
I took all the short cuts - in the recipe it mentions that you can make your own crust - I bought Pillsbury!  You can also use fresh fruit etc - I bought a can of cherry & a can of peach pie filling to keep it simple.

With the two pie crusts I was able to line 8 jars.  I did 5 cherry & 3 peach. 
8 little jars of yummy ready to go into the freezer!
Of course we had to try them - here is peach pie in a jar.  It just came out of the oven & one scoop of ice cream on it made for a perfect little dessert!
And cherry pie in a jar!  They were delish!  And there are 6 more in the freezer waiting for us!  Here is the website where I found the recipe.  Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!