Friday, March 26, 2010

My little Road Trip!

I had a fun day yesterday with an impromptu trip to the Quad Cities with my husband.  I was able to visit Cottage Corner at their new location in Bettendorf.  They remembered me when I walked in & even had a punch card in the file they had saved for me!! 

I took a drive thru the old neighborhood & found Turnberry Lane looking pretty much the same! 
Sorry for the blurry picture.  This is a new scrapbook store at least "new" since we lived there.  It is called Scrapaganza in Davenport. 

And take a look at our rental car - BIG RED TRUCK!  I could not believe it when Jerry arrived to pick me up & he was driving a big red pick up truck with Nebraska plates. 


AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - THE GOODS!! 

I bought some miscellaneous patterned paper, a Martha Stewart border punch, a Hero Arts Cling Background, 3 different Cuttlebug embossing folders, I found a Bella on clearance, a Hero Arts swirly stamp & a little Easter bunny.  It was a fun day for me! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa,
    Good for you, it was so nice to see one of my favorite places, Cottage Corner. I told Wendy that she would finally move the shop just before I moved away! Did you like the new layout?
    It's always nice to check out a former home after you've been gone from the area for so long. I wish I had been there to see you again, glad you enjoyed the day!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy - Yes, I thought of you while I was running around the Quad Cities. It was fun to see the NEW Cottage Corner! It is a very nice space for them. I saw Wendy & she greeted me with a smile when I walked in the door. She said she had just been going thru punch cards last week & saw my card. She decided to keep it on file because she said I'm one of those customers that just might pop in on them. She was right!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please post your comment!